This is a list of historical currencies.
- 5-sol French coin and silver coins - New France
- Spanish-American coins- unofficial
- Playing cards - 1685-1760s, sometimes officially New France
- 15 and a 30-deniers coin known as the mousquetaire - early 17th Century New France
- Gold Louis - 1720 New France
- Sol and Double Sol 1738-1764
- English coins early 19th Century
- Tokens and Army Bills - War of 1812
- British Shinplaster 1870s
- United States silver coins 1868-1869
- Stelo, 1945–1993 monetary unit used by Esperantists.
- Bitcoin, 2009-Present. Global decentralized peer-to-peer digital currency.